This position supports the ratemaking responsibilities of the Actuarial Department by providing rate change research and implementation support. The Actuarial Intern also supports the loss reserving responsibilities by performing standard actuarial loss reserving analyses.
- Research competitor rates and rating algorithms, primarily for Personal Auto and Homeowners lines of business.
- Duplicate competitor rating algorithms and produce the competitor policy premiums for multiple policy profiles.
- Test the rating calculations of Pioneer State Mutual premiums for successful rate change implementations.
- Perform loss reserve analyses of multiple lines of business using traditional actuarial loss reserving techniques.
- Provide support to Actuarial Analysts during the rate indication calculation process.
- Develop and utilize databases and spreadsheets for actuarial analyses.
- Ensure accuracy of work through the development and use of reconciliation techniques.
- Respond to ad hoc analyses and other special projects as assigned.
- Pursuing a Bachelor degree or equivalent in an Actuarial, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related field.
- Completion of at least one actuarial exam.
- Exhibits professional, courteous, and compassionate service in a timely manner to external clients and internal staff.
- Proficient PC knowledge and satisfactory keyboarding skills.
- Professional written and oral communications.
- Ability to research and analyze various types of data and information.
- Strong analytical and math skills.
- Detail oriented perspective along with a logical and creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to take responsibility and work independently with minimum supervision.
- Effective time management and organizational skills.