This position supervises and coordinates the activities of our legal counsel and the PIP and Liability adjusters' work activities and daily operations. Qualified candidates will have exceptional analytical skills, the ability to exercise good judgment and a thorough understanding of general P&C insurance policies, State regulations and Michigan No Fault Law.
- Responsible for the direction of the PIP and Liability Claims Units to ensure consistent delivery of services that meet or exceed customer expectations and complies with regulatory and company standards.
- Responsible for overall management of the PIP Claims Unit and Liability Claims Unit which includes interviewing, coaching, training and performance management.
- Responsible for the achievement of corporate goals for: premium and policy growth, combined ratio and service.
- Resolve questions and issues that have been escalated through the team.
- Review and audit claim files and requests for payment.
- Maintain quality claim files in accordance with appropriate Best Practices, review/audit file activity throughout the life of files.
- Review loss notices to determine extent of loss and coverage and steps to be taken to process, investigate, evaluate and negotiate claims.
- Travel to mediations, trials and conferences as required.
- Foster and encourage strong relationships within the team and with customers, policyholders, agency partners and vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Business analytics and basic math application
- Independent decision making and problem resolution skills
- Good time management and the ability to multi-task
- Bachelor degree preferred; five years or more experience required