The Assistant Network Administrator assists staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology within a Cisco/Microsoft computing environment utilizing one-on-one consultancy with end users (on site and remote). Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems. This position also assists in the maintenance and testing of network servers and associated equipment. Qualified candidates will take initiative, have sound judgement and excel with independent analysis, communication and problem solving.
- Assists and trains staff with the ongoing usability of software and hardware within established standards and guidelines and works with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from staff.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
- Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
- Administer system backups and participate in Disaster Recovery tests.
- Works with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software and assesses functional needs to determine specifications for purchases.
- Recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
- Supports network security procedures. Adds, removes, and changes authorities for network users.
- Assists in maintaining documentation of the network, telecommunications and telephone systems.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science or related area
- Knowledge of standard networking protocols
- Ability to interact with LANs and WAN vendors
- Ability to triage and prioritize tasks in a complex technical work environment
- Effective verbal and written communication Skills to interact with internal and external contacts
- Skill sets preferred: Windows Server and Windows 10, Veeam Backup Software, Hyper-V virtual systems, Windows Admin Center, Microsoft Failover Clustering, Microsoft Hyper-V Manager,Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Cisco ASA Firewall, Routers and Switches, DELL switches, DELL/EMC Compellent, DELL DRAC (remote access), ConnectWise Automate Control Administration, Thirdwall Intrusion Prevention, Forcepoint, CrowdStrike Anti-virus