Accounts Payable Administrator
The Accounts Payable Administrator works within our financial team to compute, process, record, and verify financial data relating to disbursements for use in maintaining accounting records for the company.
- Compiles documents, such as invoices and checks, to substantiate business transactions.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions to account ledgers, electronic spreadsheets and databases.
- Reviews coding and approval of invoices and expense reports.
- Audits invoices, researches discrepancies, and processes payments in a timely manner for operational expenses, including premium refund checks.
- Processes daily upload to the bank of all payments made for fraud protection purposes.
- Prepares checks, account statements, reports and other records and reviews for accuracy.
- Prepares escheat letters, processes escheat checks and completes the related regulatory filings.
- Provides explanations for year-over-year variances.
- Reviews and balances financial reports and makes corrections as needed.
- Responsible for compliance with tax regulations for 1099’s and Use Tax as well as Non-Disclosure Agreements and Workers Compensation Certificates.
- Coordinates the annual fixed asset inventory.
- Ensures adherence to company guidelines related to financial payment processing.
- Assists with expense-related information in monthly, quarterly and annual statements.
- Assists with budgeting process.
- Associate degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Detail oriented perspective and good organizational skills.
- Good analytical and math skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents.
- Exhibit professional, courteous and compassionate service in a timely manner to policyholders, agency partners, vendors and coworkers.
- Professional written and oral communications.
- Proficient PC knowledge and satisfactory keyboarding skills.