Students will be exposed to all areas of property & casualty underwriting, risk assessment and loss prevention. This position will specifically be working with the underwriting staff assessing various risks through the quoting/research process for new business, entering and issuing policies and endorsements, assisting in the renewal underwriting process, underwriting new business accounts based on authority levels, discussing policy information with our independent agents via phone and email, and assisting the Underwriters as needed (researching risks, running reports, sending memos, etc.). Students may also have the opportunity to apply and participate in the DIFS week long internship in Lansing, learning the legislative piece of the insurance industry as well as PSM community involvement and activities.
- Ability to develop business relationships through quality customer service and creative problem resolution
- Sound reasoning and independent decision-making skills.
- Professional written and oral communication skills
- Computer automation proficiency including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Applicants should be pursuing a Bachelor degree or equivalent in Risk Management & Insurance, Business or related field.