Pioneer State Mutual is looking for a Marketing Brand Specialist to generate strong and consistent awareness and engagement with the PSM brand.
This position will be responsible for the creation of all company communications including our social media content and internet marketing strategy. Suitable candidates will be responsible for developing and monitoring brand awareness, reputation management and participating in communication with a variety of targeted audiences. Qualified candidates will have in-depth understanding of internet and social media platforms, be a self-starter, highly motivated, creative and goal-oriented. This is a hybrid position, with both remote and in-office requirements at our home office in Flint, Michigan.
- Will be responsible for the company’s digital footprint and communication to strengthen the Pioneer mission, business objectives and company brand.
- Develop strategic marketing plans to innovate and enhance our brand awareness.
- Manages social media planning (i.e. scheduling, organization, content creation) and implementation to maintain an active and engaging online community presence, which accurately represents Pioneer State Mutual.
- Stays in-tune with social media trends, internet marketing and the competitive landscape in the insurance industry and ensure we utilize current SEO best practices.
- Collaborates with management to support brand partnerships and cross-team brand initiatives.
- Provides professional, courteous and compassionate service in a timely manner to external clients and internal staff, including providing resources and assistance to our agency partners in their social media strategy.
- Demonstrates winning customer service techniques through social media. Possesses the ability to identify potential crisis situations and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Coordinates the quarterly company communique including writing, editing, conducting interviews, photographing subjects, and organizing the layout.
- Assists in the coordination of marketing events as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or a related field.
- 3-5 years related experience in marketing, public relations or communications preferred.
- Ability to think creatively and see challenges as opportunities.
- Detail oriented and possesses strong organizational, project management and planning skills.
- Collaborative, confident and persistent in pursuing and sharing new opportunities without getting easily discouraged.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and various social media platforms.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud software, photography and video content a plus.
- Prior knowledge of the insurance industry helpful.