An opportunity is available for an experienced Liability Adjuster who is capable of managing both pre-suit and litigated claims in an environment committed to maintaining a high standard of policyholder trust and satisfaction. This is a fully remote position to manage claim assignments on the west side of Michigan. It is preferred that candidates live on the western side of Michigan in order to cover this territory.
Qualified candidates will have exceptional investigative and analytical skills, the ability to exercise good judgment, be self-motivated and efficient. A thorough understanding of Michigan No Fault Law, medical terminology and the ability to handle multi-line liability exposures would be highly beneficial. This would include a thorough knowledge of coverages available under the Personal Auto, Commercial Auto and Homeowners policies, as well as General Liability, Garage-keepers and Business Owner risk on the commercial side.
Suitable candidates should be experienced in conducting thorough investigations to confirm liability and related injuries/damages, and also be able to develop strategic litigation plans, implement desired objectives with attorneys and be willing to attend (in-person, when required) trials, facilitations, settlement conferences and other litigation-related activities.
- Review, evaluate, and process claims in a timely manner, providing recommendations for resolution;
- Conduct investigations in the field, including taking statements and recorded interviews (in person and by phone) of claimants, witnesses and necessary third parties
- Complete liability investigations and evaluate claimed bodily injuries
- Examine insurance policies and other records to determine insurance coverage
- Negotiating settlements with both claimants and attorneys
- Preparing claims file documents and forms as required in electronic file format
- Timely responding to claim file documentation and accurately developing the claim file in expected format and information
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Five years or more experience with at least three years in bodily injury adjusting
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Excellent communications, time management, independent decision making, business analytics and problem resolution skills
- Positive outlook and strong desire to work in a friendly team oriented and gratifying work environment