As one of the largest Farm carriers in the State of Michigan, we are looking for an enthusiastic Farm Underwriter to join and strengthen our Commercial Lines Underwriting Team. This role serves as an active liaison with our agency partners and policyholders.
Qualified candidates will have exceptional analytical and problem solving skills and knowledge of farm risks and exposures. They will evaluate risks related to our farm products to determine acceptability and will work to meet established profitability and production goals.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships through quality customer service and creative problem resolution
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Critical thinking, business analytics and basic math application
- Computer automation proficiency including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Three or more years of farm underwriting experience required.
- A bachelor degree and/or the CPCU or CIC designations are preferred.
- Previous experience working on a farm helpful.