Are you collaborative, proactive and competitive? We have a fantastic opportunity to join our team in the development of our products and services. The Director of Product Development is responsible for the creation and maintenance of our insurance products, by ensuring that they enhance Pioneer’s competitive position in the marketplace all the while helping to protect our financial position. Applicants must be very detail focused, comprehend legislative and regulatory language and be proactive in understanding our customer needs.
- Proactively research new policies, lines of business, and product enhancements to develop product proposals for company consideration.
- Support company profitability and viability by providing product and compliance expertise.
- Initiate and/or support the evaluation of new markets, products, or expanded underwriting appetite of the company.
- Coordinate the introduction of new product ideas or current product enhancements with multiple departments in the company (e.g. Underwriting, Claims, Marketing, etc.).
- As a member of the PSM Management Team, participate in management team discussions, meetings, tasks, as requested or needed.
- Actively participate in all rate reviews to provide product and compliance information and revisions where needed.
- Submit rate and rule filings to DIFS and respond to any resulting questions/objections, working with the Actuarial department when needed.
- Maintain company rate and rule manuals.
- Monitor Michigan’s legislative and regulatory environments.
- Keep abreast of Michigan insurance code requirements and develop/maintain a relationship with DIFS to ensure compliance.
- Keep abreast of new rating agency (ISO, AAIS, etc.) circulars and endorsement changes to keep company products up to date.
- Participate in and facilitate Best Practice workflows and Internal Control measures, as well as participate as a member of the company’s Compliance Team.
- Document all processes and any project requirements.
- Actively promote and support Ease of Doing Business initiatives.
- Respond to ad hoc analyses and other special projects as assigned.
- Actively supervise, mentor, and develop the Product Development support staff.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education and 3-5 years related experience.
- Completion of two or more courses toward one or more of the following designee programs: Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Associate in Underwriting (AU) or Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC).