Personal Auto Premium Relief
Due to the ongoing pandemic and stay-at-home order in Michigan, Pioneer is pleased to announce the following details around Personal Auto Premium Relief:
- Premium relief will take the form of a premium credit and there is no action needed on the policyholder’s part to get the premium credit.
- Premium credits representing 15% in savings on two months of premium will be applied to each Personal Auto policyholder’s billing account.
- Premium credits will be begin to be processed on May 11th.
- This credit will be applied to any outstanding balance first. If the credit is more than the outstanding balance, or if the policy is paid-in-full, we will send a refund. Depending upon enrollment in our Electronic Refunds program, refunds will either be sent electronically to the policyholder’s bank account or mailed in the form of a paper check.
- For those policyholders that will receive a refund, we recommend enrolling in Electronic Refunds. To enroll go to www.psmic.com and click “Create an Account.” Once your My Pioneer account is created, you will be prompted to enroll in Electronic Refunds. If you already have a My Pioneer account, just log into your account and you will see a message asking if you would like to enroll in Electronic Refunds or you can enroll by clicking Manage Payment/Refund Accounts. We also encourage policyholders to sign up for “Paperless Settings.” This option is located under the Account Settings.
- The following types of vehicles will qualify for the credit: Private passenger, Van or Pickup, Conversion Van, Pickup w/Topper, Antique Auto, Classic Car, Motorhome, Motorcycle and Non-owned vehicle.
- This credit will only apply to Personal Auto policies with Liability coverage in-force on April 30, 2020.
- MCCA or other statutory assessments will not be included in the 15% calculation.
- This credit reflects current and anticipated reduction in driving. Any additional realized savings will be incorporated into future rate indications.
As with all insurance carriers, our premium relief plan is subject to regulatory approval.
Adjusting coverages, increasing deductibles, reducing miles to work and changing vehicle use may also be viable options to help you save money during this time. Please contact your agent to discuss these options.